The Moringa tree (Moringa oleifera), also known as the miracle tree or drumstick tree, is native to Northwestern India. It’s widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical areas and used all over the world. All parts of the trees are used—the seeds, leaves, pods, fruits, flowers, roots and even the bark can be used in the preparation of food and herbal medicines.
The benefits of Moringa are vast. They’re well known in traditional medicine throughout the world and they’ve been extensively studied.
14 Health Benefits of Moringa
- Dried Moringa leaves contain more Vitamin C than Oranges, more Vitamin A than Carrots, more Calcium than Milk, more Potassium than Bananas, and more Vitamin E than Spinach. *When comparing gram-for-gram of weight.
- Moringa seeds contain nearly 40% edible oil. The oil is clear, odorless and naturally filled with antioxidants.
- High in iron. Iron is an important component in the blood that helps transport oxygen throughout the bloodstream.
- The pods and leaves are high in essential amino acids. Essential amino acids can’t be created internally and they help your body grow, repair, and maintain important organs.
- Energy boosting. With concentrated essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant action, moringa offers energy to each of your cells.
- The leaves and pods, rich in polyphenols,help to stimulate your deep immune system.
- For weak eyes, consume the pods as they are rich in vitamin A or beta-carotene, which is known to prevent blindness.
- M. oleifera is a potential aphrodisiac. Moringa increases the body’s vitality, and works on the adrenal glands in a way that allows space for us to feel into our sexuality.
- Consuming pods and leaves can increase the breast milk in lactating mothers.
- Moringa leaves help to balance blood sugar. The concentrated fiber content together with the minerals, helps to slow the rate that food travels through the body and improves sugar tolerance.
- Consuming Moringa can help reduce the cholesterol level in the body.
- Moringa is slightly bitter, so eating the leaves in the morning will help boost your metabolism and improve digestion.
- The leaves and pods are very beneficial to naturally detoxify your body while improving healthy circulation.
- The intense antioxidant content of Moringa is documented to help with the effects of free radicals.
Starting to understand why they've called Moringa “the miracle tree” since ancient times? It’s been well documented about the long standing use of Moringa as the remedy to many diseases. The more research we see on the Moringa tree, the more excited we are about it.
Of course, we’re interested in more than just the plant itself, we’re interested in consuming the very best and most sustainable products available.
Organic Veda Moringa
Like all of the products we host, our Moringa is absolutely pure. It comes from Organic Veda, an India-based company that partners with and supports local Moringa farmers from the Western Ghats belt in India.
Organic Veda is integrated end-to-end with their products, meaning that they’re involved with everything from choosing the right seed stock to maintaining shelf life of their product. They ensure that the Moringa trees are harvested by hand and processed in the most delicate way to retain vital nutrients and bright green color. They’re free of chemicals, pesticides, herbicides and artificial preservatives.
We carry Organic Veda’s Moringa Tablets and Powder because we believe in their products.
Do you use Moringa? Tell us how in the comments below.
Disclosure: This article is for informational purposes only and is not to be considered medical advice. If you are in need of medical advice, please seek the appropriate medical counsel.