I was once told by a wise old man that if you eat two Coconut Cookies a day, you’ll live until your 100! Not sure if that’s true but honestly who really needs another good reason to eat more COCONUTS!
So just in case these beautiful words from this wise old man prove to be correct, we wanted to ensure that all of our closest friends had a super easy, fantastic Coconut Macaroon recipe at their fingertips.
Quick side note, in all seriousness, Google “Coconut Macaroons Irritable Bowel Syndrome” and you will see the countless number of testimonials linked to eating Coconut Macaroons and relieving uncomfortable symptoms from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). There's only one way to find out if it will work for you… Make some Coconut Macaroons Immediately :)
- 4 Cups Shredded or Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Cup of Coconut Sugar
- 5 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Raw Himalayan Crystal Salt (or sea salt)
Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large heavy baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper, or use two large nonstick baking sheets.
Toast the Coconut (optional). For a deeper coconut flavor and extra-crispy macaroons, spread the coconut on the baking sheet and toast for about 5 minutes, or until just barely starting to show some color. Let cool slightly before using.
Whisk together the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl until the mixture is frothy. Add the toasted coconut and stir completely.
Shape the Macaroons. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. With wet hands to prevent sticking, place the cookies about an inch apart (they won’t spread).
- Bake the cookies, switching the pans from top to bottom and from front to back about halfway through, for 25 minutes, or until an even golden brown and dry looking. Let cool completely on the baking sheets on wire racks. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Chocolate Macaroon Variation (optional): Dip or drizzle the baked macaroons with melted dark chocolate.
- Almond Center Variation (optional): Place an almond in the middle of the coconut mixture before baking. Yummy!
Enjoy and Stay Pure my friends | ThePureWay